Quality Management System
QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
About ISO 9001 Family
WHAT IS ISO 9001:2015
ISO 9001:2015 sets out the criteria for a quality management system and is the only standard in the family that can be certified to (although this is not a requirement). It can be used by any organization, large or small, regardless of its field of activity. In fact, there are over one million companies and organizations in over 170 countries certified to ISO 9001. This standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement. These principles are explained in more detail in the pdf Quality Management Principles. Using ISO 9001:2015 helps ensure that customers get consistent, good quality products and services, which in turn brings many business benefits. Get an overview of ISO 9001 in this PowerPoint presentation. If you want to know more about the revision of ISO 9001:2015 see our revision page.
SECTOR SPECIFIC APPLICATION OF ISO9001
ISO has a range of standards for quality management systems that are based on ISO 9001 and adapted to specific sectors and industries. These include:
- ISO/TS 29001 – Petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries
- ISO 13485 – Medical devices
- ISO/IEC 90003 – Software engineering
- ISO 17582 – Electoral organizations at all levels of government
- ISO 18091 – Local government
Please tell us your requirements
It helps the organization:
- to enhance customer satisfaction by meeting customer requirements.
- to function effectively
- to manage the resources effectively
- to continually improve the processes
- to increase competitiveness of organization
- to benefit in tenders
- to increase acceptance in overseas markets (exports)
Get an overview of ISO 9001 in this PowerPoint presentation.
This International Standard specifies requirements for a quality management system for an organization where an organization:
- needs to demonstrate its ability to consistently provide product /services that meets customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- aims to enhance customer satisfaction through the effective application of the system, including processes for continual improvement of the system and the assurance of conformity to customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
Find out more